Postgraduate study is the third step of higher education and is aimed at training scientific and pedagogical personnel of higher qualification in the direction of “Economics”.
Students are prepared to perform the following activities:
- research in the field of Economics and management;
- teaching in the field of economics and management.
The postgraduate program is implemented in order to create conditions for postgraduate students to acquire the necessary level of knowledge, skills, experience and preparation for the defense of scientific and qualification work (dissertation) for the degree of Candidate of sciences.
The training on the programme 38.06.01 “Economy” in implemented in the following directions:
- “Economic theory” (08.00.01)
- “Mathematical and instrumental methods of Economics” (08.00.13)
- “Economics and national economy management ” (08.00.05)
- “World economy” (08.00.14)
Becoming a graduate student of Moscow state University, you get the opportunity:
- to write a thesis under the guidance of leading Russian economists
- to listen to unique courses on the sections of the economy you are interested in
- to work as Professor’s assistant
- to participate in research projects
Scientific management of graduate students.
Polterovich Viktor Meerovich.
PhD in Economics, Professor, Academician of RAS, member of the European Academy (Academia Europaea), full member (Fellow) of the Econometric society.
Deputy Director of MSE MSU of Lomonosov graduate and postgraduate programmes, head of the CEMI RAS laboratory. Specialist in institutional economics, theory of economic reforms, theory of economic development, problems of growth stimulation and macroeconomic policy.
CEMI RAS, Scientific publications
Kvint Vladimir Lvovich.
PhD in Economics, Professor, foreign member of RAS, honored worker of the MSE. Head of the Chair of Financial Strategy of the MSE MSU. Specialist in global emerging market and strategic management.
Aivazian Sergey Artemievich
PhD in Physics and Mathematics, Professor, foreign member of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia. Head of the Chair of Econometrics and Mathematical Methods of Economics of MSE MSU, Deputy Director of the Central Economics and mathematics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Specialist in econometrics and its applications.
Glinkina Svetlana Pavlovna.
PhD in Economics, Professor. Head of the Chair of General Economics Theory of MSE MSU, head of the scientific direction “International economic and political research” of the Institute of Economics of RAS. Specialist in the theory and practice of transitional economic processes and regional economic integration.
Institute of Economics of RAS, Institute of Economics of RAS Department of international economic and political studies
Golovnin Mihail Yurievich.
PhD in Economics, Professor of the Chair of General Economics Theory. First Deputy Director of the RAS Institute of Economics. A specialist in macroeconomics, including the theory and practice of monetary policy in an open economy; the world economy, including the problems of monetary and financial integration.
Institute of Economics of RAS
Deputy head of the MSE Chair of Econometrics and Mathematical Methods of Economics on econometric issues. Associate professor, PhD, Candidate of economic sciences. Specialist in following areas:
- Forecasting using “Big data “methods (”Big data” – Google, Wikipedia, etc.))
- Energy economics
- Energy and financial risk management
Admission plan for MSE graduate school in 2019.
|Mathematical and instrumental methods of Economics||3||2||5|
|Economy and management of national economy||5||5||10|
Documents for admission to the MSE Graduate school:
- Typical admission application addressed to the rector
- documents certifying the identity and citizenship of the applicant
- original or copy of specialist’s or master’s degree
- list of published scientific works, inventions, reports on research work (if any) or a report on the chosen field of study
- if it is necessary to create special conditions for entrance examinations – a document confirming the limited health or disability
- disabled persons of 1 and 2 categories of disabled children, disabled due to military injury or disease received during military service will need the certificate of the Federal institution of medical and social expertise on the absence of contraindications for training
- 2 photos 3×4, matte
List of additional documents that can be provided by applicants:
- certificates in the form 2.2. (for persons who passed the candidate examinations) – the first copy, official stamp
- consent of the supervisor indicating the approximate topic of the dissertation research
- a copy of the international passport or an application indicating the name In English
- personal history report-in addition to the information about you, reference to the next of kin (father, mother, brothers, sisters or wife (husband, children) please add full name, date of birth, position and place of work (study))
Entrance examinations (subjects listed in order of priority when ranking lists of applicants):
- Specialty (World economy, Economic theory, Mathematical and instrumental methods of Economics, Economics and management of the national economy).
- English (translation of the text, retelling of the text, conversation on the topic of scientific research).
- Admission of applications and documents to the graduate school from July 2 till August 31, 2019.
- Entrance examinations are held from 3 to 20 September 2019.
- The last day to provide the original diploma – September 21, 2019.
- The last day to give a consent for admission on a contract is September 25, 2019 (with no consent given on this day the applicant is excluded from the competition and is not submitted for admission).
Admission to the MSE MSU graduate school happens according to the MSE MSU postgraduate study rules of admission to the scientific-pedagogical personnel training programme of 2019. Admission is on a contract basis. Persons with higher education (specialist’s or master’s degree) are eligible to apply.
There is a grant for each direction of intramural education. How to get a grant on a competitive basis: successful entrance exams, work at the relevant chair.
Annual tuition fees for 2018:
- 375 300 p. (full-time graduate school)
- 281 500 p. (part-time graduate school)
Documents for MSE MSU graduate school are submitted to the Admission Office (in person or per post).