Development of scientific activity of students and teaching staff.
MSE tutors, students and graduate students take part in research work, participate in seminars, speak at international scientific conferences, forums and symposiums. MSE conducts expert and analytical research for large government institutions, in particular the State Duma of the Russian Federation Federal Assembly, the St. Petersburg administration etc. Young MSE MSU researchers for the Russian Foundation for fundamental research” regularly receive grants from the RFFR to participate in the implementation of large-scale research projects designed to contribute to the economic growth of our country.
MSE MSU organizes and hosts all-Russia scientific competitions and economic profile olympiads for schoolchildren and students on the annual basis.
There are four MSE chairs created under the decision of the MSU Academic Council and under the order of the MSU:
- The Chair of General Economics Theory, head of chair – PhD in Economics, Professor S.P. Glinkina;
- The Chair of Econometrics and Mathematical Methods of Economics, head of chair – PhD in Physics and Mathematics, Professor S.A. Aivazyan;
- The Chair of Economic and Financial Strategy, head of chair – PhD in Economics, Professor, foreign member of RAS V.L. Kvint;
- The Chair of Public Humanities, head of chair – PhD in History, Professor V.B. Kuvaldin.
There are 3 scientific seminars in the MSE MSU. They function on a regular basis:
- World and Regional Economy Seminar
- Seminar Energy and Environment Economics
- Seminar for young scientists on international economic and political studies of IE RAS and MSE MSU