The curricula of Moscow state University provide training, production (research) and pre-diploma practices, practical training and research work in academic institutions of the Russian Academy of Sciences:
- Institute of Economics (IE RAS),
- Central institute of economics and mathematics (CEMI RAS),
- Institute of national economic forecasting (INHP RAS),
- Institute of socio-economic problems of population (ISEPN RAS),
- Institute of world economy and international relations (IMEMO RAS),
in the presidential Administration of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation, the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, as well as in the largest financial and industrial corporations and banks – Rosneft, BP and others.
The Moscow State University implements a model where a student chooses the direction of his future graduate qualification work when being in practise on the 3rd year and then finishes it on the 4th year under the guidance of his supervisor.