Features of the program:
The lectures are given by prominent Russian and foreign scholars and experts. The training is conducted in Russian and English.
Students are offered a complex of subjects consisting of 35 special courses developed on the basis of strategy theory and strategizing methodology.
The research activities are carried out mainly on the basis of the Center for Strategic Research of the MSU Institute of Mathematical Research of Complex Systems and in close collaboration with leading Russian and foreign researchers. The students are involved in developing real strategies.
Leaders of state and regional governments and members of business communities, large financial and industrial structures are involved in the training process.
Interaction with domestic and foreign economic and financial institutions and corporations is expected to ensure potential traineeships for students.
Economic and Financial Strategy program:
- develops students’ strategic thinking
- provides fundamental knowledge of economic and financial strategy and methods of its implementation
- provides training effective strategic leaders and world-class economists
The training is based on the textbooks of professors and staff of the Department, translated and published in many countries, with the use of original methods considering the specifics of domestic and international economic conditions and financial markets, trends, dynamics and prospects of their development
The Academic supervisor of the Program and the Head of the Department of Economic and Financial Strategy is Professor V.L. Kvint, foreign member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Full professor, Doctor of Science in Economics,honored employee of the Russian High School, a world-famous scientist teaching economic strategy in the US universities for more than 25 years. Being the founder and developer of The Global Emerging Market theory, strategy theory and strategizing methodology, he is Professor of Strategy and Management Systems of Fordham, New York, La Salle, American Universities (USA), Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria), and member of the Bretton Woods Committee which monitors the World Bank, IMF and WTO. Vladimir Kvint is the honoree of the highest scientific award of the Moscow State University – M.V. Lomonosov Prize for scientific works – for the cycle of publications “Strategy theory and strategizing methodology”.
- Written exam in general economics theory (micro, macro, econometrics), programme
- Examplary tasks (with keys) for the section Macroeconomics
- Examplary tasks (with keys) for the section Microeconomics
- Examplary tasks (with keys) for the section Econometrics
- Examplary questions for Econometrics
- Exam in English (test), programme.
The exams are held according to the bachelor of Economics education programme. Entrance examinations programme is approved by the Academic Council of the Moscow school of Economics of Lomonosov Moscow state University.
1-3 days before exams there are consultations and installation lectures based on entrance exams topics: macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics.
Non-resident students are provided with accommodation not earlier than 3 days before the entrance examinations.
Documents for admission to the master’s education programmes are to be submitted in the period from June 20 to July 20, 2019:
- Personal application for admission on the first year of MSE MSU master’s degree programs;
- Education certificate (diploma) with official transcript;
- 6 photos in size 3×4 cm (black-and-white or color, no hats, on matte paper, made in the current year).
Applicants who successfully passed the entrance tests are to bring the originals of the diploma and official transcript as well as documents confirming the personality and citizenship of the applicant to the Admission Committee of the faculty.
Foreign certificates must be accompanied by a notarized translation and a certificate of equivalence issued by the Federal Education and Science Supervision Agency.
Diplomas issued by non-state Universities must be accompanied by a copy of the license and accreditation of the University.
Graduates of MSE MSU receive a state MSU diploma with the qualification of Master of Economics.
Applications for master’s are accepted from June 20 till July 20, 2019
Entrance examinations are offered to be held in two groups:
- July 3 10:00 am – General economics theory, room. 308, 302
- July 5 – Foreign language, room. 308, at 10:00; 14:00 for English programme applicants
- July 21 at 10:00, room 308, 302 – General economics theory
- July 24 at 10:00 and 14:00 – foreign language, room 417
Immatriculation on the results of entrance exams in two groups.
Education programme “Economic and Financial Strategy” is entirely commercial.
The cost of education in the 2019/2020 academic year was 450 000 rubles per year (for 2 semesters).
General professional cycle:
- Microeconomics (strategic aspects)
- Macroeconomics (strategic aspects)
- Econometrics (use in strategy)
- Foreign language
- History and methodology of economic science (philosophy-relationship with strategy theory)
- Inter-faculty courses
The variable part of the program “Economic and Financial Strategy”:
- Financial mathematics in the processes of strategy (in English)
- Information technology in financial strategy
- Financial institutions in strategic processes
- Money and circulation in financial strategy
- Theory and practice of investment strategy implementation
- Theory of strategy and methodology of strategy
- From Corporate to Strategic Project Finance: Design, Appraisal, and Implementation (in English)
- Strategic management accounting (in English)
- Financial strategy and strategic management of private equity funds
- Options and derivative financial instruments in financial strategy
- Accounting and taxation in strategies
- Strategic aspects in regional economy
Special courses at the student’s choice:
- Strategic aspects of taxation in the Russian Federation
- Securities market strategy
- Strategic aspects of personnel security
- Budget strategy
- Anti-crisis strategy
- Basics of economic forecasting
- Strategic planning of financial and banking activities
- Econometric modeling in strategic processes
- International financial relations
- Strategic assessment of investment projects economic efficiency
- Tourism development strategy in the Russian Federation
- Strategic management